The Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) is a voluntary accreditation scheme encompassing all aspects of safety, fuel efficiency, vehicle emissions and improved operations. FORS helps fleet operators to measure and monitor performance and alter their operations in order to demonstrate best practice. It is open to operators of vans, lorries, mini-buses, coaches and other vehicles, and to the organisations that award contracts to those operators.
FORS Will Benefit Operators Who Want To:
- Improve road safety;
- Reduce the incidence of fines and other charges;
- Reduce fuel emissions and enhance fuel efficiency;
- Gain greater industry intelligence and networking opportunities
- Stand out from the crowd.
Routes to Accreditation
The route to becoming FORS accredited is dependent on the number of operating centres and includes:
- Single Operating Centre Accreditation (SOCA);
- Multi-Operating Centre Accreditation (MOCA)
- Whole Fleet Accreditation (WFA).
Levels of Accreditation
The pathway to accreditation is depicted below: