Safe T Cert
Safe-T-Cert is a construction sector specific safety management system accreditation service. The Scheme is applicable to contractors of all sizes and was developed jointly by the Construction Industry Federation (CIF) in Dublin and the Construction Employers Federation (CEF) in Belfast. It is applicable in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Great Britain.
Safe-T-Cert is a certification scheme designed for certifying the Safety Management Systems of contractors working in the construction industry. The Scheme’s objective is to improve health and safety management by providing objective standards and certifying those contractors whose safety management systems have been assessed, and can demonstrate that they:
- Are in line with the ILO guidelines for Safety Management Systems;
- Meet the basic requirements for training and competence
- Implement an occupational health and safety management system which meets the requirements of the organisation – incorporating continual improvement
- Address relevant national legislation
- Demonstrates commitment at all levels within the organisation
- Safe-T-Cert certification is based on the International Labour Office (ILO) Guidelines on Occupational Safety and Health Management Systems.
- Safe-T-Cert is a recognised in the Republic of Ireland by the Government Construction Contracts Committee (GCCC) as meeting the health and safety suitability requirements for public procurement purposes.
- Safe-T-Cert is supported by the Construction Safety Partnership in the Republic of Ireland – see www.csponline.ie
- Safe-T-Cert is a included under the guidelines for Competency Assessment of Contractors in the Health and Safety Authority (HSA) guidelines to the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations. Safe-T-Cert is accredited by Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) in the UK.
For more on Safe T Cert, see the official website at: http://safe-t-cert.ie/